Membership and Accreditation
Studio Woodworkers Australia Limited (SWA) was established to promote Australia’s finest designer makers and artists working in wood and the values that sustain makers for a life dedicated to studio practice, embracing a fine tradition of high craft that seeks to express the qualities of a living material, forming an holistic way to live.
Our General Membership is open to all professional woodworkers. General Members are encouraged to apply to become Accredited Members when they have an established practice and portfolio of quality images. Established makers with a track record of quality design and completed work are welcome to apply to become Accredited Members by simply completing the Accredited Membership application form, providing the images and details requested.
The Accredited Membership is for established professional designer makers and artists in wood who wish to be listed on the SWA web site and participate in exhibitions and other events. Accredited Members are entitled to use the title “Accredited Studio Woodworker” for promotion of their own businesses. Accreditation is by application and submitting details of the maker’s work and practice together with a number of images to be considered by a review panel of three Accredited Members. Upon completion of the review the applicant will be advised of the outcome and, if recommended to be accredited, ask to pay a membership fee of $200 ($220 Incl GST).
- receive newsletters and website updates
- have access to the SWA Forum for advice and support if required
- may receive mentoring from Accredited Members
- have the opportunity to meet other members at meetings and conferences.
- are included in the Directory of Makers on the SWA website
- have access to marketing by SWA
- receive invitations to participate in exhibitions and other events
- receive introductions to selected retailers
Membership fees incl GST
- General Membership – $110 payable when sending application
- Accredited Membership – $220 payable on notification of confirmation of accreditation
Membership fees to be paid to:
BSB 032691 Account 375392 with the reference “membership & your name”.